View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mack DT 3rd rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Agreed. This build is a classic! This bump is worthy of a present-day pic!
I forgot to post a recent pic up.

The Mack has seen a lot of abuse in the last 2 years but, nothing has really been changed on it. I am now happy the way it is.

It has had 2 failures since it was rebuilt. 2 years ago at the National Pike and Steam show i kept overloading it and the cable snapped where attaches to the servo. I went to my local hunting & fishing store and got some 200+lb fishing line so, i think that problem is solved.

Then last year at the NP&S show i wanted to include all of the kids that were watching us run our vehicles so, i had them fill the Mack with rocks and i would haul them to the top of the dirt mound and dump them over the edge...well after doing that for probably 5 or 6 hours something in the drive-train started slipping...turned out i used an aluminum sleeve in between one of the bearings and shaft for the transfer case and the stress of hauling the rocks up the steep hill extruded the aluminum bushing out into a thin tube. So, all i had to do was make a brass bushing to replace it. I think that says a lot for how strong the tamiya axles are because (knock on wood) i haven't had any problems with them.

I enjoy stressing it until it breaks though because it gives me an excuse to work on it and improve it.

"No load is too Small"