View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 06:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Bruder D5 dozer - JerryIndy

We now join a build in progress i've been keeping mostly under wraps. Couple years ago after an rc meet, my dad (JerryIndy) decided he wanted a Bruder Dozer. I got him one for a present a while later. A lot of life happened, so it didn't get very far before it was forgotten...

Merry Christmas, it's back and wants revenge for being left on my work bench!!!
Killdozer, Wildland firefighting, normal Construction, New, Weathered, Rental... I don't know!

Rippers don't seem to work on these, so i like the drawbar mount to start off. Then i drilled the 3-point arms and added a 1/10 shackle for more pulling options. We'll see if he likes that, or wants a winch or something?

Steel (pallet strapping) wear edge on blade, blade pivots are locked straight with servo screws, some panel outlining, front and side led lights installed. Drive sprockets filled with jb weld, then 'milled' down. round servo arms installed, centers of drive hubs bored for servo hardware, every other tooth has a 0.040 styrene tab milled and bonded in.

Continious-rotation modded servo drives, pretty stealthy blade lift using the rams.

Hit the rams and a couple really high wear areas with some molotow chrome to look less toy. It's already come back off the lift rams i'm fiddling with a lot.

I'm gonna see what kinda parts he wants to order, and we'll go from there as stuff arrives.
--

Uh, after viewing the Caterpillar site, following the Inturdnet in calling this model a D5 looks to have been a mistake.
This machine looks more like a D1, D2, D3, D4.
However, the D5 is a hi-drive sprocket like the D6, D7, D8, D9.

Last edited by frizzen; 01-01-2022 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I don't know what this is, but i'm not stopping.