View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 03:39 PM

pufferfish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/10 Oilfield Truck Foremost Delta 3

OK.

The build started mid 2016. At this time I owned a Proxxon Micro Mill, a Proxxon Table Saw and some handtools.
First experiences in metal handling were done, but in small sizes. Some hard soldering for tube frames were durable but not very chic.

After some research in the web i've found the "unusual locomotion" site. Looking for a Truck with angular design I've found the Foremost.
Some more research later i've get the tech specs and a small bunch of high quality pics.

For a 1/10 scale truck, the sizes are big. 3,3 m wide, 3,2m high, in the first version as 4x4 9m long.

Features are: Articulated Steering, great low impact tires, leaf suspension at the front, the rear axle is direct mounted on the frame.

I don't know anything about articaluted steering, leaf suspensions or the physics in this size category.

So, it was a very exciting journey through a lot of ignorance, learning, errors and retries.

All starts with the axles. Designated were two old moas axles from a axial xr10. I bought almost exact scaled tires. To get the target width i have to rotate the tires. So i need adapters for this.

The cut and drill these little plates the micromill was on their limit. But it works and i'm happy as i saw the monstreous axles