View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 10:09 PM

Blender is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Metal Hobi MH-245 kit as Hitachi ZX245 excavator

Decided I'm going to rewind the GB2208 gimbal motor for use on the slew. I've done that a few times before on RC crawlers. Would like to increase the current quite a bit too. Lots of trial and error but eventually it should work. Waiting on another telemetry ESC to be in stock to allow direct RPM readings.

Been running with rats nest wiring. All kinds of adapters and splitters. Some stuff soldered and other had connectors. A real mess for maintenance and future troubleshooting. To solve this I layed out a simple PCB to act as a power distribution board. One input and 7 outputs, one of with is a big connector for the pump. Probably should have added a tiny fuse holder. Maybe next time. Housing is 3D printed and mounts where the kit's included 3x brushless ESC block is meant to hang. I'm using tiny BL Heli ESC, so this space is free.

paint job isn't real smooth

Rewired. Not perfect, but useable. Extra servo cable length was removed from everything. External BEC will be omitted once the Mezon Pro ESC with built in ESC in back in stock. This will free up more space for a permanent telemetry pressure sensor to be installed.

Also wired in Voltage/current sensor: Jeti 30A MUI. Started with a 50A since the excavator kit had a huge 40A esc and 20A BEC. It didn't fit in this spot and current draw is way less than 50A. I think i've seen 12A peaks. Usually the system runs under 2A during "easy" use.

It's still hot here, so mostly I've been digging buckets of gravel inside. Way more fun than it should be.