Thread: Fat "n" Flat
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fat "n" Flat

Haha, yeah if I would just kick our pickup outside year round I would have some space! Not happening though because I would lose the only "bench" I keep clear.lol

No donuts with the HDX although I did scuff the tires once when I downshifted from 4th to 3rd without standing on the throttle while slowing down. I found it a bit nerve wracking to find the shifter, change gears, put it in lock up, take it out of lock up, step on the retarder, ect all while you are driving by cars on a two lane road with a 11' wide truck.lol That and the guy beside you has nearly 50 years experience so you don't want to look like an idiot!lol My wife dealt with the pressure better than me I think. It was a good time though for sure. He seems to think we both need to drive the truck he drives everyday for work next. It is the last Hayes ever built and is very famous as far as trucks go. Type in "Hayes H17" if you want to check it out. He has driven the truck since she was delivered new in July of 1975. Quite a crazy story to drive one truck for 40 years!