View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 View Post
Great looking old rig, are those knobby tires staying on the front? Oh and while I'm here are you going to switch those cross member bolts with something like the rc4wd scale head bolts?
Thanks 404. The knobby tires won't be staying. The rims are super singles, from Wedico, and I was only borrowing them from my Peterbilt, for mock-up. I put the knobby tires on these rims because the Wedico on-road wides tires were rubbing the fenders at full lock. The knobbys are a little narrower, and they got by. I don't think the truck will look right with super singles up front, as it's a vintage truck, so new rims and narrow (stock) width tires are in the plans.

I'm not sure about using the hex head screws. They would certainly look awesome! Have to think about it. I do like the socket head cap screws, in stainless too. Makes them look like the polished hardware caps they use on the show rigs, which cover the hex head bolts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
That looks great! Too bad it's so tiny... Just kinding. It's one of my favorite truck builds! You should be able to finish it by next weekend....
Thank you Reg. It means alot, coming from a builder like yourself. And yes, it is tiny! Smaller then the Wedico Peterbilt, and even that one is small, by your standards. Finished by next weekend though....probably not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Very nice work Nathan. I wish I had a mill to play with and make my own parts....maybe someday, never know
This old K dub is looking very good and very unique. Can't wait to see more progress

Mario
Thanks Mario. Definitely get yourself a milling machine! Best money I think I ever spent on tools for this hobby. You won't regret it. You'll find all kinds of jobs for it, once you start playing with one. Not to mention you can make some pretty cool parts to make your builds a little more unique. I'll keep the updates coming!