Thread: Fat "n" Flat
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fat "n" Flat

Haha, thanks boys. Don't count me out yet. I haven't drilled any mount holes for this cab. We'll just have to see what happens.

Today was a productive day kinda. I machined a new axle that is 2cm narrower overall. It's also a fair bit lighter. It mounts the springs directly under the frame rails so that these fat @ss tires fit in the wheel well but still retains good steering travel. I have yet to mount the shackles on the rear but I am still pondering something... Next I moved onto the rear. I was thinking custom leaves in the back until I went digging through my spares pile. I actually should have named this the hoarder special because there will be more oddball items in this truck but whatever. I ended up making ladder bars from some channel and using the front shocks/towers for the rear suspension. It actually works quite well although there is no articulation. I don't want any of that anyway because I want it to spin doughnuts until the battery goes dead or I get bored.lol Plenty of work to do but I like it!

https://youtu.be/KfOg69Hy0G8