View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Tonka Dump Truck

My wife and I picked this up for $2 at a swap and shop last weekend along with my new Ford 7500 lol. It's a beater for sure but a new one is $30 so I figured it was a cheap experiment. My wife's best friend loves playing with the trucks in the compound so I figured I should put together another truck for her to drive. It will be the standard "loaner" vehicle so it will be aptly named "The Village Bicycle". I picked up a DX5e and DX4 a while ago for a really good price. The DX5e now runs my wifes Bruder Mack conversion so the DX4 will control the The Village Bicycle. I am hoping to keep it under $100 but we'll see.

Anyway, I kind of went to hacking before I took any pictures so some steps are missed. Basically I have been a hoarder since I was a little kid so a trip down hoarder lane to about 1989 revealed a motor and gearbox from a Tyco Turbo Hopper and a set of wheels from a Radio Shack buggy of the same era. I quickly gutted out the rear axle and made some cuts. The motor dropped in relatively easy and a little hand made bracket mounted it in place. The stance is good and the speed/power seems not bad. Next will be the front which of course will be more complex. Dumping will be via a Firgelli actuator.

Hope you enjoy!