View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 777 HAUL TRUCK (1/12 size)

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
DADSGARAGE-truck looks great. Turning radius is good, speed may be a bit slow but can be easily fixed. Have you calculated what the scale speed should be (ft. per sec.)? Keep the pictures coming.
Thanks......It does seem to turn alright at this point....the speed thing might be a problem, I do have it geared down now to what I hope will provide enough power when it is loaded...that little motor and gear box has a crazy amount power but it still may not be good enough considering the size of the tires and the size and weight of the truck....should have used ALM....but I can't weld ALM.....more like I just can't weld....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeagle View Post
Wow, that looks fantastic. Steering seems to work just fine even without a rear differential. I cant wait to see this truck loaded to the gills lumbering up a haul road.
Thanks...it is starting to look like a truck ,not very true to scale but more of a "looks about rightish" build.....I wish the tires were a bit bigger and wider...
I really want to see this thing finished and hauling a load as well !!
(besides I need to get started on the shovel so someone stops hounding me about it....Reg...LOL)