View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking open for bizz nizz !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looking good Mario!
Thanks Reg. It's because of you this truck exists in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
the pic with the 4:1 was just what I needed as I think I need to instal one of them, and wasn't sure on clearances, thanks.
There was some trimming and moving to make this fit RW. If your using the stock Tamiya cab floor plate, one of the webs has to be ground down to clear the gru. And the crossmember is now just a floater and slid back from the mounted position. If you zoom in on the right side fuel tank, you can just see where the holes for the mount are. Pretty much perpendicular to the front edge of fuel tank. That's one of the crossers I ran wires through!. And to remove the thing was just too much more of a tear down so I just slid it back, removed the fuel tank screws, drilled through the web of the crossmember and reinstalled the fuel tank screw to hold it in place.

Here's testing of the GRU using a stock Tamiya pinion gear , LRP truck puller3 motor and the 4:1

http://youtu.be/cOaePHjx6a8

And I got the wiring cleaned up a bit lastnight. Almost ready to throw the body back on. Most of the time I complain RX leads are too short but with all the long leads from the light and sound unit in this day cab it's a challenge to fit them somewhere. Lesson learned . Next time I'll cut to length.
Afterall, this truck did start out as a spare parts build.