View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Carson Goldhofer low loader/drop deck

I think that is a first class trailer. It is a lot of hard earned cash, no doubt, but if you tried to scratch build one to even close to that quality, I reckon it would cost a lot more. Having to buy axles, suspension, wheels, tyres, bumpers, legs, and all of the rest, you would still have to have metal fabricated (and the cost of the raw metal), not to mention tools, workshop and time. I don't think you would get the detail and strength, I mean look at all of the ribbing underneath and it's not even cheap leaf springs, it's airbags.

I can see you are unhappy, but believe me, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that trailer but just couldn't spare 400 euro at the moment. I think it's a real shame that for the money spent, you are not enjoying it, so for your own sake Tracy, get it painted or powder coated nice, to match your truck, swap the tires and whatnot and who knows, it may grow on you and you could come to love it.

It really is a seriously high quality piece of kit. Best of luck, I really hope it works out for you!