View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 06:13 AM

igotit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder D5 1 day build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
My brother in law did that design for me. I told him what I wanted, that's what he delivered me. I wish he had put longer teeth on the sprocket! I inquired about it a LONG time ago, but haven't heard anything back about it.

When you do get the longer teeth done, I look forward to seeing it.

How's that gearbox holding up? I started with that, then went to the servo drives. I only had a few hours of run time on mine before I stripped the gears. I couldn't figure out a way to keep the force that the tracks were applying from putting excess pressure on the shaft, & making it easy to booger the gears.
sofar ive got around 20-25 hard hours on my first d5 in the video,and maybe 8 medium use hours on my 2nd d5,both holding up well.i really beat the first one before deciding to buy/build another one.i have another d5 sitting on the shelf waiting for a build,with 3 gear boxes unopened piled up.maybe you got a bad one.
once i get this sprocket dialed in ill publish and share it.

right now im working on a delta loader,originally had a tamiya gearbox in it,never ran it.yesterday i designed and printed mounts for 16mm 150 rpm gearmotors.done its first test drive tonight.....and i have to say im more than happy.ill make a vid n post a seperate thread soon.
the problem with the delta builds are lack of room for batteries,i think i got that that solved thou.

also have the bruder tracked loader arriving in the mail soon.
for some reason im in bruder mode....lol.