View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Green Horn

WhiteWolf McBride is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Driven front axle options?

Travis: (or whomever has done this, like Willy & Joe)

What about the flanges on the axle casing? Do the casing halves that are being used have the flange/edge that overlaps (malke side?), or the other one? I ask as if it needs removal, it can be used as an alignment assist, right?

As for 'alignment', to assure that the 'throughput' pumpkin matches with the central piece, and the gear-mesh inside is ok, you just bore out the screw-holes (as you'll either have two bottoms with no access, or two tops with no thread to grab), and use long bolts and nuts instead, and it'll line up sufficiently well?

If no-one has done a good step-by-step, mebbe I should do one when I do it, for the archives and all that, hm? If there is one, this is a ~great~ place to put the link to it.

And lastly: how well do the TLT & Semi axles compare width-wise (assuming the same rims/tires all around) and gear-ratio-wise? I don't want a nasty issue with a semi rear end, mismatched to a TLT front (Can you put the gear-guts from one into the other and vice-versa to maintain ratio?)

Sorry for all the questions, but when I get onto sommat thats been bugging me for years, I tend to run with it.

WhiteWolf

Last edited by WhiteWolf McBride; 03-02-2013 at 01:36 PM.