Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clubhouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy View Post
I don't expect this to all happen right away. I do think it gives us a reference point for cost and idea basics though to determine the ideal place.

I definitely agree Aaron. I just assumed we would make a roadway for semis. Wifi security isn't good enough for me to leave my stuff somewhere. I need a club "foreman" to be able to take action should something happen. St. Louis sets a pretty high bar for security level. Going to be hard to beat that space. I agree too with amount of space. It's a very large space but the area gets taken up quickly. Unfortunately anything larger than that is likely to drive up the price beyond "affordable".

So Tyler you bring up a good point. Do we allow non club members access any time they want to come? This defeats the purpose of members paying (investing) into the club and doesn't seem fair. That said I think it's stupid not to let non-members play but there has to be an admission price to do so. This is one thing that would add revenue to the club but an unpredictable amount. Not allowing non-members in doesn't allow the club to expand and cuts off growth to the hobby.
Nathan great point there. As I mentioned before I will gladly help out and pay anything I can or build whatever we need (that I can fit inside the car of course) for the facility but as you brought up non member fees for entry would be a good idea.

You could simply have a $10-$20 admission fee for a day to use the facility and run equipment along with also providing growing relations if people wanted to come and try it out to see if it's something they'd be interested in.

I know for me if there was a place to go and play and have a fun day running my machines and it was climate controlled and had all the facilities I needed I'd gladly pay $20 to go play for a weekend of enjoyment.

Now I know some people would think that was absurd but maybe do a one or two day free trial to see it and if they decided it was worth it they may be willing to come back or become a member?

Many many good thoughts to consider and I'm sure something could easily be worked out.

Tyler