View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 01:39 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCo

Thanx Tony... my foot is still in a cast, go to doctor on Monday for check up & hopefully cast taken off, virtually zero pain the last month & I can put some weight on it.

Still not done harvest & it's been been wintery cold & snow here last two weeks, so I guess I'll be finishing my last 5% in the Spring... first time that has ever happened... brutal fall weather, very few in my area have completely finished & most of those who did are freezing high moisture grain & hoping it don't go bad before warmer spring temperatures... overall though, a very good year, lots of bushels, majority of it great quality & prices are on the rise.

Doing some tinkering the shop... got some new treads from an Australian on Facebook, tracks that were meant for the Eagle Mach dozer, I got them mounted on my Izzybilt dozer.

My good friend Lou on the Island cut me a new set of sprockets on his cnc mill, getting the pitch dialed in perfect... I couldn't bolt the hubs on b/c hub diameter too big to let the sprockets sink into track link deep enough.

I didn't have any 1,5 inch aluminum shaft, so I made new hubs from steel & glued them to the aluminum sprockets, same glue I use on the Tobias Braeker buckets, I'll see how long that lasts, I don't get to the city very often.

A little narrower track than the original, but taller grouser bar. Fit good!

Big pile of fines that I didn't get hauled out this summer ...gonna be enormous pile by next spring

Joe