View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what I do in a days work

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbilt65 View Post
thanks alex i never thought i would be doing this line of work .i was just a freight hauler and grocery hauler before this actually 10 years ago .its pretty cool something different every day from changing out traction motors on deisel train engine trucks too lifting transformers too hoisting cooling towers or roof top air conditioners and so on its cool sometimes the weather here in new england can stink lots of snow this year but im glad i can share the photos with you guys ,when my oldest daughter comes over to help me post them im getting better . thanks neil
Wow that's pretty neat how you moved up into heavy haul. Rather encouraging too as I'm looking to get out of the day to day grind of working in a truck/trailer repair shop and into the seat of a lowboy, etc. However it's gonna be a long road. Had my CDL A since I was 19 but even after 3 years I still have little to no experience with it. Been told all the big railroads like to see CDLs for all positions so I'm hopeful that something will turn up there and I can make my way up through the ranks.

Well now, don't mean to stray from the topic at hand. You guys have some neat rigs, I love the diverse Bulldog fleet. From the DM (I believe?) to the Granite, Titan, and forward axle CH Macks....neat trucks! And love the use of the dayton wheels....love seeing that on trucks and trailers....although I'll take a unimount anyday when it comes to changing a flat, LOL.

-Alex