View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

I haven't done anything with the bilge pump.. I intend to use the green GL to carry the water tank, removing the dirt box takes no time, but I've been using that trk daily in the quarry. A very slow drip with the garden hose is working really well atm for soaking up a large area deeply over night.

And I have been doing alot fixing lately too.. got my dozer working again, turned out the gh motor broke loose from its glued mounting ring, glued it back in a wk ago.

I got this Scale Art loader last spring used from a guy in the states.. I'm not overly impressed with it and now 6 months later the Carson is available & it looks 10x better for function! I sent S/A a note asking how to increase hyd press? They never replied. This loader lifts so slow with a bucket full of dirt & won't lift at all if I'm pushing into the pile. I've had the tracks off twice now to fix the drives.. 1st was a roll pin deep inside the gearbox, I used a 1/16 drill bit cut to length in place of the roll pin. Now the drive pin in the drive sprocket sheared off ...these drive motors have a ton of power! Some 2mm drill bits showed up in the mail yesterday to make the fix.

Something I noticed right away with the S/A loader was how poor the bucket radius was near ground level.. currently I have plastic bucket on it from a Bruder 963 & it's distance from the top link to the arm pivot is about 5mm less than oem. But the Bruder bucket is about the same width as the oem & they're both too narrow, there's about 3mm of track sticking out either side. I need to make a new bucket.. next yr's project in my new workshop.

Some dump angle has been lost at the very top of the lift arm travel, a new design for the z link needs to be done too.

I've also been tinkering at the mystery model I got last Spring, got to get it done for this summers activities outside.

I got a new battery yesterday, 180amps, that'll fit nicely in the nose of D9Joe's dozer, gets some needed weight upfront.. just gotta tear out the hyds & electronics to redo it all, get this model working as good as it looks.

I've been eyeballing the blue hyd-lift bench that D8R Dan's 1/5,6 scale dozer sits on in all his pics, they're both probably the same bench (820mm x 520mm).. gives you a nice comparison shot at the difference in the two scales of virtually the same dozer.

And nearly everyday for a few hrs, either digging down in the floor or processing last yr's dirt from the wall (which is now dry) & using it for backfill.. that dirt is almost gone & the cribwall might be half full. I'll take pics later of the digging I've done lately.

That should be enough to keep your moejoe going for awhile, eh Greg?!

Joe