Thread: Clubhouse?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 AM
Journeyman

Radio Control Trucker is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Clubhouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Something I was thinking about.. the building across from Ed's shop was $1800/month, that's over $20 grand a yr in throw away money! Even with 5 core guys dedicated to it, that's over $4grand before utilities on top of that. And some of those guys are going to be travelling a few hrs to get there each time.. another $100+ in fuel each trip.

One could build a fashionable 20x30 pole building on his own property for less than $10 grand and have buddys over a couple times a yr. Several could build their layouts and you guys could travel around to visit each one throughout the yr. A bunch of of little satelite clubhouses! Maybe even score group deals on building materials.

Atleast you'll retain some equity in your hobby investment & have an all weather playground in your backyard to access whenever you wanted. And ten guys wouldn't be too crowded on a 1.5 day wkend get together.
I agree with you, Joe. A multitude of satellite sites would be fuel efficient and allow for small get-togethers of ten or twelve people. A backyard bar-b-que just makes the weekend that much more enjoyable.

The only suggestion that I’d make is that instead of installing a 20x30 pole building, you should construct at least a 30x60 building to use as the clubhouse. I live on a half-acre in California and know that I could easily install a 30x60 building in my backyard (if I only had the money to invest into it).

I like the idea. Good thought Joe

- RCT

"Keep the Shiny-side Up, the Dirty-side Down & Keep 'er to the Line."