View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to post links and photos

I use Google photos, apparently it comes with my gmail account, and I've got 17GB of storage available. I have finally figured out how to embed the image in a post. It's actually fairly simple and I don't know whaat took so lang for me to get it figured out. Musta' been a brain-fart or brain-freeze of something like that.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but my browser is Google Chrome, If you use something different YMMV.

I'm going to assume that you've got Chrome for a browser and that you've already loaded your pictures into Google photos.
1) Sign in to your Google photos account and select the picture you want to embed. It's best to have 2 tabs open in the browser, one to this site and the other to Google photos.
2) Right click on the picture you want to embed. A drop down menu will appear. One of the options will be "Copy image address", click on this option.
3) Come back to this site and the post that you want to embed an image in. Place the cursor where you want the image to be and select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the Message window.
4) A dialog box will pop up asking for the URL of your image, hit Ctrl+V. This will inset the image adddress that you copied in step 2. Now click the OK button on the dialog box.

If it works the same for you as it does me, you just embedded an image in your post. You can verify this by clicking on the Advance button at the bottom of the Message window and selecting Preview Post.

Edit - Let me know if you have trouble loading photos to your Google photos account and I'll try to walk you through that too.

Edit again - Be sure that whatever album the pictures are in is set up as a "Shared" album. Otherwise, you'll see the pictures every time, but NOBODY else will be able to see them. DAMHIK

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 12-23-2022 at 01:19 PM.