View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Green Horn

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KW Daycab "Pipe Dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigger View Post
Hey builders/ lurkers! Time for a new 9-month long build! This will be a Kenworth W900B Daycab tractor, or dump truck; we shall see. It is also my first attempt at a scratch-built cab. I am basically going to copy a cab that my buddy Silvio (skl1cent) built for me a little while ago. This way, I have a 3D blueprint of the cab I will try to build. So, this is what it should look like:

And here is what I have so far:

It doesn't look like much, but this is the most cab-hacking I've ever done! I have removed the stock fenders using thread (which apparently is totally possible?), and cut some new fenders to mount up. I also got some new sand paper to leave a finer sanding finish on the truck. I will patch up the gap behind the fenders, and then start on trimming the fenders (they stick out too far underneath the hood, and hit the frame rails/ suspension). Once the styrene is patched and ready for the fenders, I'll make another update.

We'll see if I can make this "Pipe Dream" a reality! Oh, and I picked the name "Pipe Dream" because the fenders are made of PVC pipe!

Thanks for taking a look! Any comments or cab-building/ styrene modding help and suggestions are appreciated!

-Bigrigger
Carpet thread works good as long as you move to fresh thread before it breaks. Leaves a nice cut.