Thread: The Daycab
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Daycab

Hey Travis, bet your glad that you don't always have to work while hugging a camcorder...

That is a pretty neat idea putting the bondene in the squeeze bottle. I use a paint brush my self, I feel I can control the amount and placement that way. but I can see where this would be useful.

-Mike

Trucker here is a link to find the Bondene. It is made by Plastruct and there website is a bit of a joke to find stuff.

Plastruct Bondene

And this is their Weldene. The Weldene is strictly for bonding styrene and give you a few more seconds of manipulation time. Plus it is completely non-toxic.

Weldene

The Weldene will bond styrene to styrene, while the Bondene will bond most plastics to them selves.

And this is Plastic Weld Cement. This will bond Styrene, Acrylic, Butyrite together or to each other. I use this stuff the most. HOWEVER this stuff works fast so you have to have the pieces where they are supposed to be.

Plastic Weld Cement

These all work by chemically melting a small layer of the plastic and "Welding" them together. CA glues just glue the pieces together. While you can get this bond apart, you will usually end up destroying the pieces, where with the glues, ya can just pull them apart clean them up a bit and go again.

Now it makes perfect since that if you can pull them apart as with the glue, then they will eventually fall apart right!

These are the way to go for sure, and for ever..

And they are not any more expensive than the CA glues.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive

Last edited by Dreamweaver; 02-09-2011 at 12:00 AM.