Thread: Ebay Feedback
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ebay Feedback

I personally don't agree with the way the feedback is done on Ebay.

There is to much room for vindictiveness. The way I look at it the feedback needed from the sellers point of view is simply did the buyer pay, and how soon after the sale did he pay.. To me that is all that the buyer has to do as part of the transaction.

On the buyers part the feedback should be limited to was the product as stated, was the product shipped properly and timely, did the seller perform the proper customer service such as prompt response to questions, problems, or concerns, and did the seller hold to their exchange or return policy as stated on the sale.

That should be it. PERIOD.....

I have had the occasion a few times where I ordered something, paid for it through PayPal immediately after the auction ended (like with-in five minutes) I had asked the seller two different questions on this item, both of which were unclear to me in the item description. The description clearly stated "Items shipped next day after payment received". I paid for the item, then sent (as I do with all sales) a message to the seller asking them to email me a tracking number after the item is shipped so that I know when to be expecting the item. This was on a Sunday night. two days went by and I got no return message from the seller. I sent him another message that Wednesday asking again for the shipping information. I got a message back stating that the item was shipped UPS on Monday but he did not have the tracking number at that time. This was on the 3rd day after the sale was final, the shipping I paid for was UPS 3 day Ground. Allowing for the fact that the sale ended on a Sunday, this was now Wednesday when the seller told me the item was shipped on Monday. I received the item from UPS on the following Thursday. I immediately went on line to UPS tracking and entered the tracking number which I NOW had off the package and it stated very clearly that it was shipped that Tuesday and delivered Thursday. The Item was received for shipping at UPS 8 days after he had told me it was shipped.

Needless to say I left a "Neutral" feedback stating this, to which the seller left me a "Negative" feedback along with the comment. "Careful this buyer wants his item two days before the auctions over, better make sure you ship it right then or he leave negative"

Ok first I left a Neutral feedback, second his shipping description stated "Shipped next day after payment received", third he returned an email telling me the item WAS shipped on Monday.

Now the way I look at it I was perfectly in my rights to leave a Negative feedback, I left no comment other than "shipping not as stated" and checked the Neutral box. The fact that I did EXACTLY what I should have done as a buyer, and he was able to give me a negative feedback that I could do nothing about was just wrong.

For this reason I think that the feedback should be re-vamped so that buy answering simple yes and no questions would determine the score and no comments should be posted at all.

I just finished a feedback for RCDamper. I noticed that you still click on the Positive, Neutral, Negative and then the five stars for Item as described, Communication, Shipping Time, and Shipping and Handling charges. That should be IT... Nothing else and for the seller to leave for the buyer should be simply Paid Promptly, Communication and nothing more.

Just my thoughts.

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive