View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Wannabe

JDH429 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Printed D10T Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Wallen View Post
Jason.
You just got 3D Printing to a whole new level..... extraordinary talented build and execution. Congratulation.
Bo
Thanks Bo! The printer did most of the work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Quote:
"Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Jason, I've haven't had experience with the sabertooth motor controllers yet but have a conversion on the books for one, why did you use 2? I thought that the 2x12 operated 2 motors? Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

I used the second controller to operate the 12 volt linear actuators on the blade. These controllers are great, and will def use them again for my next project."

Now it makes sense, driving the actuators separately to get your blade tilt
Yes, Im just using the actuators for blade up n down, and have both actuators tied together so the blade does not tilt left or right yet. I wanted to prove everything else out before getting tricky, but after running the dozer that function would be useful so will be working on that in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
You figured out my secret!lol Doing it this way works awesome. Add another actuator to the C frame and you get the tip function. It all works very well and is quite easy so long as you have everything pivot and only anchor the blade on one side. I'm not sure if Jason is running his this way or not though? Are you Jason?

Reg
Reg, yes your secret is out as i am doing exactly that. And yes the blade uses a draglink which is mounted on one side of the front of the dozer chassis. I should have moved that point as far to the edge of the chassis as the radius of that drag link would be larger and on full lift and drop of the blade, the blade shifts in towards the tracks as it follows the radius of the drag link. No rubbing, but ive made a note about that for next time.