Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I never owned a bike when I was young but I had a few friends that had them so I did get to ride a 125 on a track we had back home. Enough that I was getting bold with it and then a friend suggested I try his CR250......one lap, I was done. I literally feared for my life! The power of that bike was insane!
Anyway, When you say your going to take baby steps, remember one thing, just when you think your ready to turn it up a notch......wait another week or so just to be safe.
Yes in reality very few people can ride a 250 to it's potential on a track. I got my first one when I was 15 and I think it probably made me slower than if I had got a 125 and learned how to hold it wide open. The 250 has so much power everywhere that I spend more time lugging around at 1/4-2/3 throttle than I do ripping!lol I learned those habits back then and it never went away so I never got faster.lol I like it though because I can ride around a gear high and not rev the engine. 125's need to be pinned just like RW said. This bike having 47hp compared to the 35 or 36hp my last bike had(07 YZ250F 4 stroke) is a big jump back up. I haven't ridden a two stroke of any sort for 8 or 9 years so it will be fun! I have that nervous excitement going on when I think about it.lol Baby steps can bite you. How many times have you seen someone eat sh!t when they are taking it easy and not giving it 100% focus. My plan is to ride like always but if I can only ride a few laps before I get tired then I will stop and rest. Nothing to prove, just want to have fun and be as safe as I can. If I can stick to that I will be healthier and happier! If I don't I will be hurtin and stressed out.lol