View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
you will love the YZ,
ive had mine for about 6 years , never had an issue apart from the rider....

and the faster you go , the less it hurts!!!!

and that's some nice welding on the belly pan, I have a gytr 6mm pan and it has saved me a few dollars many different times.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO JUMP , GO ALL THE WAY.. and don't case it.

cheers andy
Yes it should be good. I hate to say it but I think their casting and welding quality has slipped a little. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad but it just doesn't look as nice as it did a few years back. The last YZ250 I had was a 2002. I don't think the engine has changed a whole bunch but the chassis and suspension is much better. I guess this new bike is basically an 06 with upgrades. Yamaha hasn't had much competition from anyone other than KTM in the 2 stroke MX world so no desire/pressure to upgrade I guess. I think there is a resurgence in 2 stroke popularity as of late though and that may change things. The other Japanese manufacturers don't want to bring back 2 strokes into racing though so it may not change much. Pro racing has the deck stacked in favor of the 4 strokes and the enviro's like them too other than the noise.lol Oh well, I fell off the 4 stroke wagon because of the cost. I liked the bike but they are like dating a supermodel. If you can't afford the maintenance and to trade them in every year then you should just look and not touch.lol

I know what you're saying about the jumps! When we built this track we didn't make the area between the doubles very ramped out in order to save dirt(it was all trucked in). The jumps aren't very big but if you come up short you will most likely get hurt. It keeps you from getting lazy and putting around though.lol