Thread: RCP Compound
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP Compound

Yes I am happy not to have to worry about checking/setting the valves and changing oil every few hours anymore. I still have one 4 stroke with a bucket shim valve train but it only needs valve adjustments every 10000km because it's not very high strung. Yamaha has been selling it's 2 strokes with a complete gasket and top end rebuild kit for years so when the time comes I won't need to spend more on parts and I have all the tools and experience to do the job myself. I kinda laughed because the sales guy said to bring it back after the first hour to hour and a half for it's first service. I thought to myself "you are never going to see this bike again unless I trade it in on another one down the road". My main reason for wanting a 2 stroke was maintenance required or lack of it. What it will need I have done before so no worries! I wanted to ride it yesterday but the ground is so saturated here now that it is very soft and muddy. I haven't had time to tear it down for a full greasing so I don't want to filth it up much before that's done. One thing I will add as soon as possible is an O ring chain. The stock chain looks pretty(gold) but feels cheap. $100 spent on a good chain will save the sprockets from premature wear.