View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 05:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Structo dumptruck conversion

So lessons from indy:

Rock crawlers aren't fast. Taking the 3.770 tall tires off and replacing them with 2.315 tall tires means that you need to pull over and let everyone pass. Seriously, everyone passed me. I can reach top speed in under a yard. I have more torque than the tires could ever use. Must regear the trans!

Drilling brass bushings from round stock by hand makes a really wobbly setup. I need to either redo wheel pin drive using tubes, or grind the tires to the new round, or get different rim/tire combo.
I also learned its possible to have a car shake the rear suspension apart, um, in like 1 battery pack. but the crowd seemed to like it

Setting the suspension up for heaping load of dirt doesn't work that well for crumb rubber. Full load of rubber, no movement.. this didn't help the out of round tire situation since there's no real spring or any dampening. Once i got home I loaded the bed with soda cans, and learned the rear springs didn't get near max out until 6 pounds, i need to pull a leaf..

My transfer case still needs lowered since my drivelines are horrible, i need to shorten the rear springs. i need to put deans plugs on so i can use better battery and charger. I need some lights, a trailer hitch, and mudflaps. i've also got a few ideas for some interior detailing...

Kinda getting tired of talking to myself though.

Last edited by frizzen; 08-24-2016 at 05:25 AM.