View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: 1950 Kenworth Needlenose

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
I like how you have set the front end up!!!
Cheer's, Neil.
Thanks Neil. I'm really happy with the way it turned out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksntreadslou View Post
Wow nathan im Impressed ..Steering looks bulletproof ..Cab Mounts Very well thought out ..sometimes it takes a few sleepless nights to come up with a plan and a design and this one looks very clean ..Good work ..I could imagine the fun you would have with a CNC ..your very creative
Thank you Lou! I'd love to try some CNC machining someday. I guess there are a few retro-fit CNC kits out there for my mini-mill, but I think I'd probably invest in a CNC Bridgeport, if I could afford it. That's probably years away though! I definitely agree on the sleepless nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Wow, that steering is awesome. Really like the way you hollowed out your front bumper too, that must have taken some time.
Thanks Craig. I had to hollow out the bumper for some tire clearance. With the axle pushed forward and the arc the wheels swing in, I needed just a little clearance for them, and as long as I was hollowing it out, I kept going, knowing the LEDs would need to fit in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermoblin View Post
The detail you are putting into this truck is amazing! Can't wait to see more.
Thanks Petermoblin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
your just toying with us now!! unbelievable work and craftsmanship. be cool to see video of it working when your done
Thanks Diesel Demond. I don't have a video camera, but I'd like to get one. Any recommendations? Go Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plow jockey View Post
Great craftsmanship on every step of this build. Great job!!!
Thank you Plow Jockey!