View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Green Horn

ddmckee54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3D Filament color match to Bruder

This is mostly a test. If this works, the following SHOIULD be an image of a comparison of 2 yellow filament samples from Coexllc with the Bruder yellow -with flash. The sample on hte left is the Taxi-cab yellow, and the sample on the right is the Construction yellow

Edit - OK, that worked so here's the rest

This is the same setup only without flash.

As you can see, neither sample is a good match to the Bruder yellow. In decent light, the Taxi-cab yellow is WAY too light, and the Construction yellow is too dark. In lower light levels it looks pretty good but... If the Bruder yellow actually had been CAT yellow, then the Coexllc Construction yellow would have been a good match. I think I need to look for something more like school-bus yellow/chrome yellow?

The next image is 2 red filament samples and the Bruder red - without flash. The sample on the left is the Salsa red and the sample on the right is the Scarlet red.

This is the same setup only with flash.

The Salsa is not a good match, but the Scarlet is closer than anything I've found so far. I think it's still a little light, but I can live with it. FYI - I checked it against a couple of die-cast IH/Farmall models that I had and it's a pretty good match for them too. (They're future projects.)

Don

Last edited by ddmckee54; 04-01-2021 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Link issues solved