View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Thank you Calum.

Finishing seeding 10 day ago, I did some hauling into the back my of workshop with the Mammoth.

But it's a looong haul for just one trk at a time... which got me motivated to finish the pup for my GL this wkend.

I put both the GL & KH on my DX18 radio & bind them both to the same model copy - meaning I can drive them both at the same time from one radio. The GL for/rev & steering is on the left stick and the KH for/rev & steering is on the right stick.

Both trks have AR8000 receivers (8ch), so the shift servos for the 3spd trans are not connected in either trk, each trk is currently using 4chs, not enough chs left to include the 3spds too. Both trks are geared differently too, so the GL is locked in 3rd gear & the KH in 2nd making them both virtually the same speed... the GL might be a wee bit faster.

I put the GL's dump boxes on Aux 1 & 2 (3pos stick switches), and the KH's on Aux 4 & 5 (rotary sliders on sides of radio), in which I had to re-assign Aux 4 to Aux 3 & Aux 5 to Gear.

By the time I got the radio programmed & the trks functioning correctly I was almost out of daylight... but I did get 3 loads of practice. Trying to drive two trks simultaneously is mind blowing difficult!!! .... especially rounding corners, I would start right turn the lead trk & couldn't help but start to turn the following trk right as well ...or if one trk was going left while the other going right, I would over steer both when I intended to go straight... It really took a lot of mental capacity to try to drive one trk separate from the other at the same time... I almost ran into myself a few times & just let go of both sticks in the nick of time!

Joe