View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Stepside will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aeromax Daycab Dump 6x6 (Update: 4/01)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Looks good Rod. I would not get to excited about fastening the bed together before you get the screw drive built or the bed may sit to high on the truck.
Tks Travis! I actually have the box sitting on that 5/8" channel that we talked about the other day, so I'm sitting at the proper height. Once I get the box built and hinged, I'll work on the screw drive... under your close supervision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsorenson79 View Post
Awsome build!! I'm always looking forward to your build up dates. I was wondering what gauge aluminum are you using for the dump body?
tks bill! the aluminum is .025" thick, great to work with. When I built my dump trailer (4 years ago!!! wow!) I used all 1/16" material for the sides and 1/8" thick piece for the floor!!! It weighs in at 17 pounds empty! I'm going to build a new dump trailer after this dump truck project is wrapped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Nice start on the box, Rod. At first I thought it was one piece, and I was going to ask how you got the bends so close together, at the floor. I never saw a box and pan brake, or a brake press that could do something so tight, but then I saw the sides are separate pieces and you'll make the floor separate too? That's cool.
Thanks Nathan. Right now I have 3 aluminum pieces on the bed: 2 sides and a central tub, a U piece to tie it all together. I'm excited to get more done and make it look like more than a pile of sheetmetal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.