View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Green Horn

cdm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Mruder (bruder cat320 something look alike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Gosh!! that's quite a reach.. you using a block of lead for a counterweight?
Oh there is lead.. and more can be added if needed. I didnt go overboard since the tracks are well.. plastic. But i figure with the batteries (3 of those) et al in there it should be more than enough.

Quote:
1st thing I thought was an old 6644 Koehring
I googled that. the boom is eerily similar. Thing is i still have to fiddle with the body since the twin cyllinders can't fit in the space of the stock clearance width wise. I might just make a new smaller cab for it. 1/2 the cab = 2x the tonnage. Will deal with this when i get there. It just might turn into a koehring by the time im done with the styrene.

Quote:
Probably out reach my Volvo! It will be more fun to play with having a longer reach though IMO.
big booms are bigger fun and imo just looks better.

And speaking of booms, i got it mounted tonight.

i think it can go higher, not sure if this was the max position when i took the photo. i took the turntable pinion out so im using a tool to hold it from spinning

sideways balances just fine. empty deck.

i was copying the geometry of this thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rchz0ob8sAk

hopefully the angles arent too crazy for the model version and the boom doesn't stall. if it does, well i'll just have to recut new ears and remount in another position. we will know soon enough