View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Short update. Am not really happy with the way the 2 short hydraulic hoses run. Just doesn't look right at all.

So had another look at it. Took that bit out. For some reason I have about 5 extra nipples so nothing was stopping me to do some little experimenting. I only tightened the nipples about 2 turns, so they could move freely and came to this result:

This looked much better and still sticks to the 5 cm ScaleART recommends as length for these pieces. I did try longer pieces of hose thinking to run them through the holes in the holder, but then the coupling connecting them pushes up the other hoses that then interfere with the hook sliding back and forth.

Final installation. Looks much better. Will have to clean up all those bit of loose paint I scraped while messing around and do some retouching. A small bit of double sided tape to hold the coupling in place might prevent further paint damage.

While I was at it took a picture of the back to show how the hoses run there.

That's it for today. My head is not really with it so I better leave it for now before I make another stupid mistake.

Stephan