View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First build ,cat D11

Starting on the blade. It would be so nice to make a straight pusher blade, I could just stick sides on and be done. But,,,,, I've got no experience in metal fabrication, so what fun would that be. These are the first two pieces of metal I have ever sheared or rolled. I'm planning on making the carry/dump blade with cutting edges. I don't think I'm going to get too detailed with all the bends but would like to make the ends somewhat realistic. My welding skills are,,,well we will have to see if I post any of them. . Lol!!! I weld like an old hit n miss engin, sometimes good and sometimes bad in the same bead.

I originally was using hard rubber grommets for the degree of movement in the blade arms. Had to go to hardware store this morning and found they have rod ends. I cut off the threads and ground to close to round then pressed them into the hole. They will definitely not be coming out. But now I have a nearly indestructible pivot point. And got some for the stabilizer bar too.