View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HillBilly Deluxe

I got some parts from IH Steve today, His parts are gorgeous. The longer fuel tanks with filler caps are just what I wanted, they are just perfect. The headache rack is also a beautiful part but I unfortunately I won't be using it on my truck. When it sits flat on the frame rails it matches the Wedico perfectly but with the longer fuel tanks the two interfere with each other and the rack would need to be lifted above the roof line of the sleeper, just doesn't work for my taste. I could go back to the stock fuel tanks but after having these tanks that is impossible. I am in the works of changing out my Osswald suspension and Rust axles for Scale Art parts powder coating ruined my Osswald bolsters and the short ones are about as rare as hen's teeth. I was planning on going with a three axle drive and the cabinet headache rack for an awesome heavy hauler, now that I'm not going to use the rack the look is incomplete. I could just go for a tandem but my truck seems too long for that in my eyes. Also have Lynn building me a taillight panel, can't wait to see how that finishes off the back of the truck.

Comments welcomed!