View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 12:21 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scaleart - assembling an Arocs 8x8 roll on roll off kipper

Part 3

Cut some cables and soldered some others. Folded excess servo wires as best as possible until I can shorten them.

This one goes nowhere so gets cut. (I actually asked the guys at ScaleART months ago about it)

Same for this one, 2 are for sound if speaker is the in exhaust, other two not used. Haven't cut this one yet.

Installed cover, plugged in battery, couldn't lock cab until I bend the wires from the battery down.

Tested and everything works except, the left rear light the cats played with and

one LED at the front is kaput ...

High beam, foglight and other other bits work

except for the regular head light

I must have bumped the corner somehow somewhen. See paint damage. This must have put stress on he LED board what probably caused the damage.

Will also have to look into the power to the cabin ... somehow the sound isn't working nor the indicator and stand lights. (mhmm ... must be my brilliant soldering)

For the rest things are good. Haven't yet put in the oil, but I know the pump and servos are working.

So looks like I'm ordering new rear and front LEDs. By the time those arrive, I will have the crimping tool too. So will redo the whole lot at the same time.

Nice thing with the Kingbus system is that I just have to unplug the faulty one and plug in the new one. No wires to cut solder and what not

Cheers!

Stephan