View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Little miss fabricator

Msmaddie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lowboy Gooseneck

It's actually a very simple concept. I used to pull a Double Drop. (Low boy) with a mechanical neck.

To detach the neck what you do is

Drop your suspension. Pull putt from underneath the trailer. Then you walk to the trailer. There is 2 large plates right on the front of the trailer. These plates have 2 pins in each. The upper pin is permantly attached to the neck. The lower pin hole slides over the pin on the trailer. You pull the plates ahead then you rebook to the trailer with your tractor. After that you get back out and place a piece of 4x4 wood between the back frame rails of your tractor and neck. Then you go to the trailer there is a lever on the right hand side that releases the pin that holds he neck on from going forward. After you pull the pin you creep the truck ahead to clear that pin hole from the trailer. Once you've cleared you put the air back in your suspension. The piece of wood will lift the neck off the trailer.

To hook up it's just the reverse. The air lines and lights plugged into the drivers side of the trailer.

Hope this helps. If I was ony laptop I could send you some pics.

Good luck