Default Re: Indy 2014 - Aug 21 - 24

Sounds good Chris ( = loading docks )

and great idea to post these info's ,
since that can't be said often enough !
Maybe we even could make up some flyers to hand out to everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Willy - long time no chatter

Yes both loading docks as was last year.

All - it's just 4wks away! Get your hotel arrangements made. Do some networking and share a ride - it truly makes the trip better to have others to share with.

Those still running crystal based radios - be sure to bring extra crystals.

Those hoping to run a generic rc car please listen to the following. We appreciate your love of this hobby. We certainly will help you become a better modeler. But this event is expected to be a model truck and construction show. By that we are trying our darnedest to put on our best attempt at scale activities. These trucks need to operate at scale speeds. 1:1 heavy trucks don't run over 50 - 70mph which scales out to a stock tamiya semi in first gear or less. In day to day terms - less than a slow paced walk. So the off the shelf back yard basher is just way to fast for the city. The space is tight and every driver is responsible for the damage they do to others. So, I am sorry to say this is not a sand box - this is a model show - and the lesser toys need to stay at home. I do not mean to offend, but rather to explain as clear as I can what is expected of us all.

Attention all - even though our late night fun time has gone on without fatal error or complaint - we do need to be extremely careful about injury and hotel damage. We have had some close calls, and I expect everyone to keep our safety incident rate at the level it should be.

So is everyone ready for the largest construction rc event in the USA? Hope so - time is ticking away.