View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cat 777 questions on build

Hey Coop, if you decide to take on this job, it will be AWESOME!!!!! But I think you may have your measurements a tad bit off... I did an exuberant amount of research on this truck because before I built the 773G I was going to build the 777, ( I think i mentioned this to you at cabin fever, not sure) The main reason I did not go with this build was because of the tire size.... There was no way I was going to be able to design and 3d print a tire mold and produce rubber tires in 1/14 scale within the month it took me to build the 773G. So I basically looked at the biggest most realistic, tire I could find and build the model from CAT that matched the tires, thats when I came across the 2.2 rc4wd Milspec tires that matched the real life tire size on the 773G.... The 777 on the other had is a whole diff beast... there are 4 types, (dump bed types) Dual Slope, X Body, Coal Body 1 and Coal Body 2 all different heights at the front canopy, shortest being the dual slope at 17' or 5200mm and tallest being both coal bodies at 19' or 5840mm, so assuming you would go with the shortest style bed at the canopy in 14th scale you would be looking at 14.57" or 371.42mm tall which would make it a little over 13" tall at the bed side. Length wise again, depending on the body style would be anywhere from 29" to 31.28" long from bumper to bed end. Last but not least, the 777uses the 27.00R49 tire which is 106.2" in diameter which would be 7.58" tall, so using the 2.2 tires from rc4wd would be way off scale unless you were going to build the 777 in 16th or possible 18th scale.... nevertheless I hope my info was useful, and I hope you take on this challenge, if you need any help dont hesitate to ask, If you come down to my show next week I can bring you all my files and info on the 777 with all the pics and specs to help you on your build brother.