View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Thanks pugs and Stefan!
If there will be a camera or not has to be decided, lenses getting smaller all time so we see (maybee in the head of the driver?).
Stefan, your velcome to visit me, of course all others also passing by to!

Did some small detail work for interior like handles, here 2 of them. At left the control lever for main dozer, built up of 27 pcs styrene parts, milled and sanded to shape. At right the blade handle, here shown with all parts only glued together, not sanded down yet.

After some searching I found a small electrical switch with a good looking rubber gasket. 2 of them will be used for blade and ripper controls. Of course they will be moving when blade/ripper moves No they will not!

Still to do the front display area, need a better photo on this one since I will print the complete dashboard, maybee with some lightning behind. If there is someone having axcess to a D8R serieII or a D6R (yes, same cab) and could take a picture of the dash board like below I would be grateful. I have a backup machine to photograph but it is a 2 hour drive (1-way) away.
Importent is that display has to be clean and with engine running to show readings on display!

to next time, happy modeling!
Dan