View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Apprentice

D8R is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D8R +463 in 1/5,6

Time for some update and photos!
Spent available time adding parts for interior. As mentioned before, had some misses in messurments done out in the field, got possibility (finaly after months waiting) to make correct messurments on another machine. At same time I also got new pictures of instrument panel that could be used.
Still working with last details on inside roof/doors then painting all inside. Arm rests not mounted yet.

Steve, as you can see, the operator has a air suspended seat now, he looks a little more happy Left hand can be put into lever for speed and direction control.

The new photo of instrument panel, engine running at 800rpm as you can see! Had to rebuild the panel twice to get it correct to the photo.

This reminds me of a feature show last exibition i Germany that I attended to. Here´s a miniature screen showing some values in real time from sensors in machine. A company Brix is offering this to there RC controls but can´t be used by other systems.

Made also some extra details/items that every operator has in some degree inside cab, papers (Wheels of Time, Equipment Echos, Machinery Trader and local swedish newspaper) Coca cola can, swedish coffee tray(vacuum), chocolate bar and a pac cigarettes (no, no smoking inside cab!)
As you can see there´s a new operator now (Joey), the old one (Jim) got fired! He refused to put all bolts in the tracks.

Dan