View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carson Track Loader Cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_duty View Post
Keith,
That's one sweet set up you have there.That loader looks awesome in Cat colors.Keep the pictures coming.Love the truck.

Ed

Thanks Ed, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
Very nice Choice on the color man! I really like it a lot. If we ever end up in a show somewhere we would have a lot of eye candy.
Thanks for the comments, I wanted to do mine in Orange but felt it would do your awesome machine an injustice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallHaul View Post
Nice paint job Keith, it looks really good.
Thanks Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loaded_Heavy View Post
I would stay non-hydro with it due to it being more cost effective and also cleaner (no need to worry about leaks and a cluttered bit of a small space). I would do it this way even though the ripper is hydro. But I guess if you got the funds and wanna hydro everything and don't mind a cramped up tiny space to work with or don't mind the leaks (when it does happen) then go for the hydro setup all the way around.
Thanks Loaded Heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
To hydro or not to hydro, that's a tough call but when you watch videos of both versions on youtube the hydro wins every time, really brings it into functioning like the real thing. Nice job on the paint.
Thanks Claus, You are right about that, the hydro vids are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Looks great Keith! Even if it's not a Caterpillar model, it sure does look good in the Caterpillar colors. I like that. Nice to see something different now and again.

After watching tons of videos on youtube, all I can say is hydraulics take this track loader to a whole new level. The Carson spindle drives are pretty darn impressive and powerful, but slow. Hydraulics have great response and awesome cycle times. They really bring these models to life.
Thanks Nathan, Yeah I like the hydro and how realistic it is but given my track record of hanging on to a machine, its a tough call, all though when I go to sell it, most people would want the hydro I would imagine.