View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 06:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yale Forklift - NewRay

I believe i've found a scale Forklift Paradox: Sometimes new toys can become much more fun if you make them harder to play with. Snowmobile kinda fun for a few minutes. Rip out the motor, build a pallet, strap it down forever, add some detailing, suddenly much more fun to be had with it?

Also if a guy finds several of a nice looking cheap cargo, you can change up the difficulty a little. Like with these friction-motor Snowmobiles, Orange pallet has taller fork pockets than the Red one, since i grabbed a wrong dimention stick of a cut down 2x4 when i built the second. Yale and Linde forks fit almost to the rack, but its tighter. If you were doing it intentional, maybe color code ends of the cargo pallets for difficulty like the bike trails? (Blue/Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Black.)

You also definately run into some oddities. Like the dollhouse breakroom "Coffee machine / Water cooler" pallet weighs more than the Kubota tractor with overbuilt pallet, or the 426 Hemi longblock with accessories pallet.

Last edited by frizzen; 10-16-2021 at 10:10 AM.