View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Big John, your making good headway! I really think you've got a great looking jeep/dolly! That turned out really nice. The truck is coming along too. Take your time and enjoy the build. I find I make the best progress when I get into the mood and groove. As for windows and gaskets, I've made gaskets out of thinner styrene, and framed window cut-outs in doors and cab walls. What you do is make the gasket smaller in size, so when glued over the window opening, it frames the window, so to speak, and gives you a shoulder and an edge for the glass to sit inside.

So as not to derail your build thread, you can check out this link to see what I mean about the window gaskets and such. http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=3546
Thank you Nathan for the compliment. I am enjoying this build. The idea of using thin styrene for gaskets is a great idea...I make a lot of things harder than they have to be sometimes.

Thanx buddy, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!