View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ag-Chem Rogator 854 Sprayer Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotoots2 View Post
Thanks again guys!

Mike, I built the engine from a JD 4430 precision engine (404T) and a plastic JD industrial engine. Between the two, and some custom fab work, I was able to reasonably replicate the Cummins 5.9 liter 200 horse engine found in these rigs.

I use a solder flame torch for all my soldering. I use Forney lead free solid core solder and a Japanese mfg'd thin wire lead free rosin core. The big Forney works great for strength soldering and the wire solder is good for flowability and delicate areas.

Here is the mess on my bench. Can you spot the red solder torch? What about the rogator, lol!

Well then that makes this even more amazing. I know how hard it is to solder delicate and intricate parts like these with a flame, getting one thing soldered on and then another with out un-soldering the first, or having it move on ya..

NICE WORK!!!

I really should get some butane for my little torch, sure would be easier than using my big 14oz propane torch...

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive