Thread: Volvo EC300D
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:55 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Volvo EC300D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I'm not sure what the issue is but sometimes the pump doesn't start when you pull a lever. This happened before with the old setup too but not in the first few months of use. I went to use it a xmas after it had sat a couple months and this started happening. Not sure if something has happened to the gear channel(pump runs of it) or what but the servos still operate the valves...few seconds later and away we go....

Reg
I see from your videos that your pump is allowed to shut off completely from no stick movement... the surge of amps from the esc to even start these larger outrunner motors is pretty high and when it stops working, your esc is in thermal protection mode. I had this trouble too when I 1st got my 850 running.

To correct the issue, set the "on" side of the gear switch to 20 - 30%. Using mix, the pump will ramp up to the higher speeds with stick movement, and then will never go too slow with slight stick movement, saving your esc from much unnecessary heat build up.

Joe