Thread: The Daycab
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Journeyman

Bigrigger is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Daycab

Well, here's what happened. I went to the auto shop place (Winchester Auto) to get a glaze and a hardener. So I picked out 3M bondo Glazing & Spot Putty, and like 3M bondo hardener, and took it up to the checkout. I explained my situation to the guy behind the counter, and he said this should work. Although, he told me that the putty I picked doesn't require a hardener. So, probably because I just wanted the truck to get finished, I bought the putty. It's not the super Evercoat glaze, but I'm going to try it. I applied it like it said, and it's drying as we speak. I hope it turns out okay, but I really have to try it before blowing 40 bucks on a pint of Evercoat. Even so, they are really small cracks, and it will probably be fine. Worst case scenario it cracks in a few months or something and I buy the Evercoat to re-do it. Actually, worst case scenario, it cracks in an hour and the force of the cracking breaks the world in half. So, if that happens, my bad.
But in all seriousness, I know this probably wasn't the best way to go... I remember you guys saying "No bondo!" and stuff, but I just want to see it for myself. It sounds stupid, but I need to see it to believe it.

Anyway! Here's a pic to keep you guys happy!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, we shall see how it goes.