View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

I understand what you said Steve, thank you. So many things to remember and to keep in mind. I also found out I can drive tool paths off of a sketch. Say I wanted a point in middle and to radiate outward/ inward. Cam will recognize part and not violate part but drive paths according. This is like endless learning!!! And to think that I can honestly say I have never read a book!! Well at least cover to cover an not skipping pages, chapters,,, lol!! Although I have got to get a machinist book,,,,

I also decided to cut up the remainder of an old treadmill belt I had. I'm just not happy with the polyurethane rubber. It being so thin, good to conform to roller assemblies, but it also wants to curl up and flip onto itself at end roller/drive roller. (Sometimes). It's .03" thick, non backed. Wish I could find single ply treadmill belting 4" wide and a roll 10'. Normally called a walking belt being single ply. Then I would not have to try and cut a straight line 10' long. Always little tweaks and suprizes popping up. Trying to make this thing idiot proof!! Lol!!!