View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Espeefan's slow motion Peterbilt Heavy Hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Nathan I have RCdamper fuel tank brackets on my King, not sure if they will work on a Wedico but I'm using PMD tanks on my King so they might. They do look alot better than Tamiya brackets. Might not be what you want either.
Thanks Craig. Those are definitely a nice option for the Tamiya trucks, but Wedicos use a c-channel frame rail that is not the same height. So I would have some gaps where those brackets slide over the top and bottom of the chassis frame rails. Still, I appreciate the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Ah Claus they look pretty but still not right . I know what you mean nate I didn't like the tamiyas either . Here's a pic of what I did. I made them close to what I have on my 1:1
Thanks Steve. Peterbilt seems to have one of the more elaborate tank mounts out of all truck manufactures, so I'm afraid a total custom machined part is the only thing that will make me happy. I've enlisted the help of a friend, who has far greater machinist skills then I do, to help me come up with something better. We've been working on the design together, and while it's not going to be 100% accurate, it should be very nice. There are always practical limits to what you can design, and what can actually be machined.