View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 11:38 AM

ptebbe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Premacon 956...finally after 1 year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Paul thank you very much for explaining the different types of radios and pros and cons. I ended up getting the dx18 a month back for my excavator thinking I can use the rear sliders for the tracks, but as you mentioned, they don't self center.
I was very close to pulling the trigger on the 956 especially since the euro was low. I ended up getting the komatsu pc700 from mother earth movers which should be in my hands in a couple months. Looking forward to your videos with sound from servonaut
Liftmys10-
IMO, there is a better way to configure the DX-18 for excavator control. Here is how I've done it: Use flight modes to figure 2 modes: 1st I call "DIG" mode, the second I call "Drive" mode. This is selectable on a switch of your choosing. In DIG mode the two sticks operate standard SAE excavator controls. With a flip of the switch I'm in "Drive," and the left stick still operates slew and Arm, but the right stick is then a joystick for drive control! This is not too difficult to set up, but requires multiple mixes to accomplish.
PM me if you need details.
Paul